High School/College Field Trips
Please contact the Musconetcong Watershed Association to discuss booking a presentation to discuss your high school or college field trip needs. The field trips below can also be combined with a classroom lecture on the same topic. We can discuss your particular needs and interests or you may choose from one of the following:
- Water Quality Science - Students meet on site and perform chemical and biological water testing. This field trip may be preceded by a lecture in the classroom or at the MWA River Resource Center depending upon class size.
- Dam Removals as River Restoration - Visit one or more dam removal project sites. The MWA has worked on dam removals that are now in various stages of restoration and recovery. This field trip may be preceded by a lecture in the classroom or at the MWA River Resource Center depending upon class size.
- Green Building Up Close and Personal - In June 2010 the River Resource Center was awarded the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum certification, the highest level of recognition possible. Come out and tour the building to understand how the US Green Building Council rates buildings in five categories 1) Materials 2) Water 3) Energy 4) Land and 5) Air and Light. A short lecture is followed by a tour of the native gardens and meadow at our headquarters.
- The Importance of Native Plant Species in Our Ecosystem - The Musconetcong Watershed Association maintains an extensive planting of native plant species at our River Resource Center. A short lecture is followed by a tour of the gardens and meadow at our headquarters.
Note: MWA does not provide or arrange transportation.
- $100 Stand-alone field trip
- $140 Combined lecture and field trip
Please call 908-537-7060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a lecture or a field trip or for more information.